Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tropical Sweet & Spicy Chicken

I named it that because it makes me feel like I need to take a trip to Hawaii LOL

Well today I took some chicken tenderloins and I played around with them and what I could find in my kitchen and made such a wonderful dish.

First I took a meat pounding mallet and I pounded the chicken tenderloins until they were thin. Then I opened a can of Crushed Pineapple and I added a tad of teriyaki sauce, some soy sauce, lime juice, tad of brown sugar, garlic powder.

I marinated my chicken in that sauce for 30 minutes. After It marinaded, I sprinkled some cajun spices on my chicken, a tad of hot pepper flakes, garlic powder and cooked it on the grill (it cooked fast as it was so thin). Before I put it on the grill though I added my marinated sauce to a skillet and cooked it with some red pepper flakes, onion flakes, fresh sliced portabella mushrooms, red & green peppers & onions. I let that cook until the veggies were done and everything took on each other's flavors.

I cooked my brown rice, then after it was done I stirred it into my skillet of wonderful. It was delish! It had a sweet, mild pineapple flavor and yet a spicy flavor from the red pepper flakes. We really enjoyed it. i will be making this again. :)

I took what was left over and put it in small bowls with 2/3 of a cup of the rice mixture and a serving (deck of cards) of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment